Did you know that this week in the UK it's National Fertility Awareness Week?
This year National Fertility Awareness Week is Monday 2nd November to Sunday 8th November 2015, culminating in the fabulous Fertility Show
Firstly let's talk about National Fertility Awareness Week. In the UK and worldwide #1in6 couples are affected by fertility problems. National Fertility Awareness Week aims to
- Raise awareness of the #1in6 couples in the UK struggling to become parents
- Explain what options exist for the #1in6 couples experiencing fertility problems
- Highlight the emotional and physical impact of infertility
This year the three key themes for the week are:
- Our fertile future – promoting the importance of fertility education by increasing young people’s awareness of the facts about fertility
- You are not alone – campaigning for better emotional support for everyone struggling to conceive, including improved access to counselling during treatment
- Males matter too – focusing on how fertility struggles affect men
You can read more and find out how you can get involved to raise awareness and support this amazing charity here. Why not get active on your social media to get people talking and help to reduce the stigma of infertility? Run, walk or swim 5K? Or get involved in the Great Cake Bake. Want more inspiration? Listen to the Fertility Podcast for ideas on how you can get involved.
Here at OvuSense, we hope that National Fertility Awareness Week will highlight the need to get people talking about fertility and the #1in6 people who need help.
We are so excited about this year's Fertility Show as once again OvuSense are going to be there exhibiting.
We would love to meet you, so come along to Stand 93 and say hello. We have so much to tell you about the OvuSense Fertility Monitor. At the show you get to meet the team and I (the OvuSense Fertility Nurse) will be there on hand to answer any of your burning fertility questions. Like last year, we have two of our lovely customers who are using OvuSense, to tell you all about it. So come and hear what they think about their monitor, and how it is helping them understand their cycles and fertility and helping them make positive steps along their journey.
See you there!