Note: where possible full versions of each of these clinical publications have been made available by clicking the links below, but in some cases only the abstract is available due to copyright and publishing guidelines.
- Arici A, Carr BR (1992) Comparison of two LH monitoring methods in women undergoing intrauterine insemination. Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2006) Effectiveness and treatment for unexplained infertility. Fertil Steril 86:4.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2012) Diagnostic evaluation of the infertile female. Fertil Steril 98: 2 302–307.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2013) Optimizing natural fertility. Fertil Steril 100:631-7.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine - Reproductive Facts www.reproductivefacts.org
- Baird D, McConnaughey D (1995) Application of a method for estimating day of ovulation using urinary estrogen and Progesterone metabolites. Epidemiology 6:547-550
- Balen A, Conway G, Kaltsas G (1995) Polycystic ovary syndrome: the spectrum of the disorder in 1741 patients. Hum Reprod. 10:2107–2111.
- Baker FC, Siboza F, Fuller A (2020) Temperature regulation in women: Effects of the menstrual cycle. Temperature Volume 7 - Issue 3.
- Barrett JC Marshall J (1969) The risk of conception on different days of the menstrual cycle. Popul Stud (Camb), 23(3):455–461, Nov 1969.
- Barron M L Fehring R (2005) Basal Body Temperature Assessment: Is It Useful to Couples Seeking Pregnancy? MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 30,5: 290-296
- Barton M, Wiesner BP (1945) Thermogenic effect of Progesterone. Lancet 2:671
- Bauman JE (1981) Basal body temperature: unreliable method of ovulation detection. Fertil Steril 36:729-733
- Bull JR, Rowland SP (2019) Real-world menstrual cycle characteristics of more than 600,000 menstrual cycles. npj Digit. Med. 2, 83.
- Centers for Disease Control (2007, 2011) Assisted Reproductive Technology: Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report
- Ciotta L, De Leo V et al. (1999) Endocrine and metabolic effects of octreotide, a somatostatin analogue, in lean PCOS patients with either hyperinsulinaemia or lean normoinsulinaemia. Hum Rep vol. 14, no 12, pp 2951-2958
- Clayton RN, Ogden V, Hodgkinson J et al. (1992) How common are the polycystic ovaries in normal women and what is their significance for the fertility of the population? Clin. Endocrinol., 37, 127-134.
- Colombo B, Masarotto G (2000) Daily fecundability: first results from a new data base. Demogr Res 3: article 5.
- Coomarasamy A, Devall AJ (2020) Micronized vaginal progesterone to prevent miscarriage: a critical evaluation of randomized evidence. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Jan 29. pii: S0002-9378(19)32762-0
- Coyne MD, Kesick CM (2000) Circadian rhythm changes in core temperature over the menstrual cycle: method for noninvasive monitoring. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 279:R1316-R1320
- Crawford NM, Pritchard DA (2017) A prospective evaluation of luteal phase length and natural fertility. Fertil Steril. 2017 Mar; 107(3): 749–755.
- Dale PO, Tanbo T (1992) Persistence in polycystic ovary syndrome after ovarian suppression by gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Acta Endocrinol 126:132-6.
- de Mouzon J, Testart J, LefevreB, Pouly JL, Frydman R (1984). Time relationships between basal body temperature and ovulation or plasma progestins. Fertility and Sterility. 41 (2): 254–259. ISSN 0015-0282. PMID 6421622.
- Dunson DB, Baird DD, Wilcox AJ, Weinberg CR (1999) Day-specific probabilities of clinical pregnancy based on two studies with imperfect measures of ovulation. Hum.Reprod., 14, (7) 1835-1839 available from: PM:10402400
- Doring G (1969) The incidence of annular cycles in women. J Reprod Fertil, 6, pp.77-81.
- Dozortsev DI, Diamond MP (2020) Luteinizing hormone–independent rise of progesterone as the physiological trigger of the ovulatory gonadotropins surge in the human. Fertil Steril Vol 114, Issue 2, pp.191-199.
- ESHRE (2014). ART Fact Sheet. Eurpoean Society for Human Reproductive Endocrinology. July 2014.
- ESHRE (2018) ESHRE guideline: recurrent pregnancy loss. Hum Rep Open, Volume 2018, Issue 2
- Farquhar CM, Birdsall M, Manning P et al. (1994) The prevalence of polycystic ovaries on ultrasound scanning in a population of randomly selected women. Aust. NZ J. Obstet. Gynaecol., 34, 67-72.
- Frank-Herrmann P, Gnoth C (2005) Determination of the fertile window: reproductive competence of women - European cycle databases. Gynecol Endocrinol 20:305-312
- Freis A, Freundl-Schütt T (2018) Plausibility of Menstrual Cycle Apps Claiming to Support Conception. Front Public Health; 6: 98.
- Freundl G, Godehardt E (2003) Estimated maximum failure rates of cycle monitors using daily conception probabilities in the menstrual cycle. Hum Rep 18:2628-32.
- Freundl G, Frank-Herrmann P (2014) A new method to detect significant basal body temperature changes during a woman's menstrual cycle. The European journal of contraception & reproductive health care : the official journal of the European Society of Contraception, 19(5), 392–400.
- Gautray J-P, de Brux J (1981) Clinical Investigation of the Menstrual Cycle. III. Clinical, Endometrial, and Endocrine Aspects of Luteal Defect. Fertil Steril Vol 35, No 3
- Hamilton-Fairley D, Taylor A (2003) Anovulation (ABC of subfertility). BMJ. 2003 Sep 6; 327(7414): 546–549.
- Heape W (1898) On Menstruation and Ovulation in Monkeys and in the Human Female BMJ Dec 24
- HFEA (2013) Fertility Treatment in 2013: Trends and Figures. Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority UK
- HFEA Fertility Facts Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
- Hurst BS, Davies K (2022) Novel Technique for Confirmation of the Day of Ovulation and Prediction of Ovulation in Subsequent Cycles Using a Skin-Worn Sensor in a Population With Ovulatory Dysfunction: A Side-by-Side Comparison With Existing Basal Body Temperature Algorithm and Vaginal Core Body Temperature Algorithm Front. Bioeng. Biotechnol., 04 March 2022.
- Hurst BS, Citron C (2020) Normalised Ovulation Timing in Population using Core Body Temperature Monitoring to conceive S-194 Society for Reproductive Investigation, 2020 Annual Meeting.
Hurst BS, Karoshi M (2020)
Atypical Core Body Temperature patterns and the wider implications for conditions related to pregnancy, infertility, and miscarriage risk
American Society for Reproductive Medicine 76th Annual conference.
Fertility and Sterility - September 2020 Volume 114, Issue 3, Supplement, Pages e446–e447
Hurst BS, Pirrie A (2019)
Atypical vaginal temperature patterns may identify subtle not yet recognised causes of infertility
American Society for Reproductive Medicine 75th Annual conference.
Poster Plus Presentation
Fertility and Sterility - September 2019 Volume 112, Issue 3, Supplement, Pages e244–e245
- Irons DW, Singh M (1994) Evaluation of transvaginal sonography combined with a urinary luteinizing hormone monitor in timing donor insemination. Hum Rep 9:1859-62.
- Jukic A, Weinberg C, Baird D and Wilcox A (2007) Lifestyle and Reproductive Factors Associated with Follicular Phase Length. J Womens Health, 16(9), pp.1340-1347.
- Karoshi M, Hurst B (2020) Atypical Temperature Patterns as an Aid to Identify Infertility Issues and Miscarriage Risk. P-628 European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 36th Annual Meeting.
- Johnson S, Marriott L (2018) Can apps and calendar methods predict ovulation with accuracy? CMRO Volume 34, 2018 - Issue 9 ,Pages 1587-1594
- Katiyar S, Arya S (2018) Sonographic Folliculometry and Endometrial Echocomplex as an Evidence of Ovulation in Infertility Cases JSAFOG Oct-Nov 2017;9(4):331-335
- Klein N, Harper A (2002) Is the Short Follicular Phase in Older Women Secondary to Advanced or Accelerated Dominant Follicle Development?. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 87(12), pp.5746-5750.
- Kousta E, White DM (1999) The prevalence of polycystic ovaries in women with infertility. Hum Rep 14.11:2720-3.
- Lenton EA, Weston GA and Cooke ID (1977) Problems in using basal body temperature recordings in an infertility clinic. BMJ, 1977, 1, 803-805.
- Lenton EA, Landgren BM (1984) Normal variation in the length of the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle: identification of the short luteal phase. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 91:685-9.
- Lenton EA, Landgren BM (1984) Normal variation in the length of the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle: effect of chronological age. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 91:681-4.
- Lloyd R, Coulman CB (1989) The accuracy of urinary luteinising hormone testing in predicting ovulation. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 60:1370-2.
- Luesley D, Baker P (2010) Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An Evidence-based Text for MRCOG. Hodder Arnold.
- March WA, Moore VM (2010) The prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome in a community sample assessed under contrasting diagnostic criteria. Hum Rep 25:544–51.
- McCarthy and Rockette (1983) A comparison of methods to interpret the basal body temperature graph. Fertil Steril 39(5):6
- McGovern PG, Myers ER (2004) Absence of secretory endometrium after false-positive home urine luteinizing hormone testing. Fertil Steril 82:5.
- Mesen T, Young S (2015) Progesterone and the Luteal Phase - a requisite to reproduction. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2015 March ; 42(1): 135–151
- Moglia ML, Nguyen HV (2016) Evaluation of Smartphone Menstrual Cycle Tracking Applications Using an Adapted APPLICATIONS Scoring System. Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jun;127(6):1153-60
- Mu Q and Fehring R (2014) Efficacy of achieving pregnancy with fertility-focused intercourse. MCN: The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing 39: 35–40.
- Mumford S, Legro R (2016) Baseline AMH Level Associated With Ovulation Following Ovulation Induction in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 101, Issue 9, 1 September 2016, Pages 3288–3296
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE): (2004). Fertility Assessment and Treatment of people with fertility problems. RCOG Press
- Panaino T, da Silva J (2017) High Progesterone levels in the beginning of ICSI antagonist cycles and clinical pregnancy: still a concern? JBRA Assist Reprod. 2017 Jan-Mar; 21(1): 11–14.
- Papaioannou S, Delkos D, Pardey J (2014) Vaginal core body temperature assessment identifies pre-ovulatory body temperature rise and detects ovulation in advance of ultrasound folliculometry. European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 30th Annual Conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2013) Quality Index assessment of vaginal temperature based fertility prediction and comparison with LH testing, ultrasound folliculometry and other home cycle monitors. American Society for Reproductive Medicine 69th Annual conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2013) User’s acceptability of Ovusense: a novel vaginal temperature sensor for prediction of the fertile period. J Obstet Gynaecol 33:705–9.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2012) Ovulation assessment by vaginal temperature analysis (Ovusense Fertility Monitoring System) in comparison to oral temperature recording. American Society for Reproductive Medicine 68th Annual conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2012) Ovulation Assessment and Fertile Period Prediction by Portable Computerised Vaginal Temperature Analysis – The OvuSense Advanced Fertility Monitoring System. European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 28th Annual Conference.
- Polson DW, Adams J, Wadsworth J et al. (1988) Polycystic ovaries—a common finding in normal women. Lancet, i, 870-872.
- Pundir J, Psaroudakis D (2018) Inositol treatment of anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a meta‐analysis of randomised trials. BJOG Volume 125, Issue 3 Pages 299-308
- Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey (2015) Infertility in America 2015: Survey and Report.
- Resolve - The Costs of Infertility Treatment: www.resolve.org
- Rollason JCB, Outtrim JG, Mathur RS (2014) A pilot study comparing the DuoFertility monitor with ultrasound in infertile women IJWH 6 657-662
- Robinson S, Rodin DA (1992) Which hormone tests for the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome? Br J Obstet Gynaecol 99: 232–238
- Rotterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored PCOS consensus workshop group. Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) Hum Reprod. 2004;19(1):41–47
- Royston P, Ferreira A (1999) A new approach to modeling daily probabilities of conception. Biometrics 55:1005-1013
- Schwartz D, Mayaux MJ (1979) Donor insemination: conception rate according to cycle day in a series of 821 cycles with a single insemination. Fertil Steril 31:226-229
- Shilaih M, Goodale B (2018) Modern fertility awareness methods: wrist wearables capture the changes in temperature associated with the menstrual cycle Bioscience Reports Nov 30, 2018 38 (6) BSR20171279
- Setton R, Tierney C, Tsai T (2016) The accuracy of websites and cellular phone applications in predicting the fertile window. Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jun 6
- Sirmans S, Pate K (2013) Epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Epidemiol 2014: 6
- Stein P, Falco L (2016) Digital Women’s Health based on Wearables and Big Data. American Society for Reproductive Medicine 72nd Annual conference.
- Steward K, Raja A (2019) Physiology, Ovulation, Basal Body Temperature. StatPearls [Internet] PMID: 31536292
- Su H-W, Yi Y-C (2017) Detection of ovulation, a review of currently available methods. Bioeng Transl Med. 2017 Sep; 2(3): 238–246.
- Teede H, Deeks A (2010) Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex condition with psychological, reproductive and metabolic, manifestations that impacts on health across the lifespan. BMC Medicine 2010, 8:41
- Vlaisavljević V, Došen M (2007) Clinical Applications of Ultrasound in Assessment of Follicle Development and Growth. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1(20):50-63.
- Velija-Ašimi Z (2013) Evaluation of endocrine changes in women with the polycystic ovary syndrome during metformin treatment. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 13(3): 180–185. doi: 10.17305/bjbms.2013.2359
- Wallace WHB, Kelsey TW (2010) Human Ovarian Reserve from Conception to the Menopause. PLoS ONE 5(1): e8772. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0008772
- Wathen NC, Perry L (1984) Interpretation of single progesterone measurement in diagnosis of anovulation and defective luteal phase: observations on analysis of the normal range. Br Med J 1984; 288:7-9
- Weinberg CR, Gladen BC (1994) Models relating the timing of intercourse to the probability of conception and the sex of the baby. Biometrics 50:358-367
- Wilcox AJ, Dunson D (2000) The timing of the "fertile window" in the menstrual cycle: day specific estimates from a prospective study. BMJ 321:1259-62.
- Wise LA, Hatch EE (2015) A randomized trial of web-based fertility-tracking software and fecundability. Fertil Steril Volume 104, Issue 3, Supplement, Page e113
- Zuspan FP, Rao P (1974) Thermogenic alterations in the woman. Interaction of amines, ovulation, and basal body temperature. Am.J Obstet Gynecol 118:671-678