OvuSense Clinical References
- Arici A, Carr BR (1992) Comparison of two LH monitoring methods in women undergoing intrauterine insemination. Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2006) Effectiveness and treatment for unexplained infertility. Fertil Steril 86:4.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2012) Diagnostic evaluation of the infertile female. Fertil Steril 98: 2 302–307.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2013) Optimizing natural fertility. Fertil Steril 100:631-7.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine - Reproductive Facts www.reproductivefacts.org
- Baird D, McConnaughey D (1995) Application of a method for estimating day of ovulation using urinary estrogen and Progesterone metabolites. Epidemiology 6:547-550
- Balen A, Conway G, Kaltsas G (1995) Polycystic ovary syndrome: the spectrum of the disorder in 1741 patients. Hum Reprod. 10:2107–2111.
- Barrett JC Marshall J (1969) The risk of conception on different days of the menstrual cycle. Popul Stud (Camb), 23(3):455–461, Nov 1969.
- Barron M L Fehring R (2005) Basal Body Temperature Assessment: Is It Useful to Couples Seeking Pregnancy? MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 30,5: 290-296
- Barton M, Wiesner BP (1945) Thermogenic effect of Progesterone. Lancet 2:671
- Bauman JE (1981) Basal body temperature: unreliable method of ovulation detection. Fertil Steril 36:729-733
- Centers for Disease Control (2007, 2011) Assisted Reproductive Technology: Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report
- Ciotta L, De Leo V et al. (1999) Endocrine and metabolic effects of octreotide, a somatostatin analogue, in lean PCOS patients with either hyperinsulinaemia or lean normoinsulinaemia. Hum Rep vol. 14, no 12, pp 2951-2958
- Clayton RN, Ogden V, Hodgkinson J et al. (1992) How common are the polycystic ovaries in normal women and what is their significance for the fertility of the population? Clin. Endocrinol., 37, 127-134.
- Colombo B, Masarotto G (2000) Daily fecundability: first results from a new data base. Demogr Res 3: article 5.
- Coyne MD, Kesick CM (2000) Circadian rhythm changes in core temperature over the menstrual cycle: method for noninvasive monitoring. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 279:R1316-R1320
- Dale PO, Tanbo T (1992) Persistence in polycystic ovary syndrome after ovarian suppression by gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Acta Endocrinol 126:132-6.
- Dunson DB, Baird DD, Wilcox AJ & Weinberg CR (1999) Day-specific probabilities of clinical pregnancy based on two studies with imperfect measures of ovulation. Hum.Reprod., 14, (7) 1835-1839 available from: PM:10402400
ART Fact Sheet. Eurpoean Society for Human Reproductive Endocrinology. July 2014.
- Farquhar CM, Birdsall M, Manning P et al. (1994) The prevalence of polycystic ovaries on ultrasound scanning in a population of randomly selected women. Aust. NZ J. Obstet. Gynaecol., 34, 67-72.
- Frank-Herrmann P, Gnoth C (2005) Determination of the fertile window: reproductive competence of women - European cycle databases. Gynecol Endocrinol 20:305-312
- Freundl G, Godehardt E (2003) Estimated maximum failure rates of cycle monitors using daily conception probabilities in the menstrual cycle. Hum Rep 18:2628-32.
- Heape W (1898) On Menstruation and Ovulation in Monkeys and in the Human Female BMJ Dec 24
- HFEA (2013) Fertility Treatment in 2013: Trends and Figures. Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority UK
HFEA Fertility Facts:
www.hfea.gov.uk Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
- Irons DW, Singh M (1994) Evaluation of transvaginal sonography combined with a urinary luteinizing hormone monitor in timing donor insemination. Hum Rep 9:1859-62.
- Kousta E, White DM (1999) The prevalence of polycystic ovaries in women with infertility. Hum Rep 14.11:2720-3.
- Lenton EA, Landgren BM (1984) Normal variation in the length of the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle: identification of the short luteal phase. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 91:685-9.
- Lenton EA, Landgren BM (1984) Normal variation in the length of the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle: effect of chronological age. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 91:681-4.
- Lloyd R, Coulman CB (1989) The accuracy of urinary luteinising hormone testing in predicting ovulation. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 60:1370-2.
- Luesley D, Baker P (2010) Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An Evidence-based Text for MRCOG. Hodder Arnold.
- March WA, Moore VM (2010) The prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome in a community sample assessed under contrasting diagnostic criteria. Hum Rep 25:544–51.
- McCarthey and Rockette (1983) A comparison of methods to interpret the basal body temperature graph. Fertil Steril 39(5):6
- McGovern PG, Myers ER (2004) Absence of secretory endometrium after false-positive home urine luteinizing hormone testing. Fertil Steril 82:5.
- Mu Q and Fehring R (2014) Efficacy of achieving pregnancy with fertility-focused intercourse. MCN: The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing 39: 35–40.
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE): (2004). Fertility Assessment and Treatment of people with fertility problems. RCOG Press
- Papaioannou S, Delkos D, Pardey J (2014) Vaginal core body temperature assessment identifies pre-ovulatory body temperature rise and detects ovulation in advance of ultrasound folliculometry. European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 30th Annual Conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2013) Quality Index assessment of vaginal temperature based fertility prediction and comparison with LH testing, ultrasound folliculometry and other home cycle monitors. American Society for Reproductive Medicine 69th Annual conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2013) User’s acceptability of Ovusense: a novel vaginal temperature sensor for prediction of the fertile period. J Obstet Gynaecol 33:705–9.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2012) Ovulation assessment by vaginal temperature analysis (Ovusense Fertility Monitoring System) in comparison to oral temperature recording. American Society for Reproductive Medicine 68th Annual conference.
- Papaioannou S, Aslam M (2012) Ovulation Assessment and Fertile Period Prediction by Portable Computerised Vaginal Temperature Analysis – The OvuSense Advanced Fertility Monitoring System. European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology 28th Annual Conference.
- Polson DW, Adams J, Wadsworth J et al. (1988) Polycystic ovaries—a common finding in normal women. Lancet, i, 870-872.
Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey (2015)
Infertility in America 2015: Survey and Report.
Resolve - The Costs of Infertility Treatment:
- Rollason JCB, Outtrim JG, Mathur RS (2014) A pilot study comparing the DuoFertility monitor with ultrasound in infertile women IJWH 6 657-662
- Robinson S, Rodin DA (1992) Which hormone tests for the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome? Br J Obstet Gynaecol 99: 232–238
- Royston P, Ferreira A (1999) A new approach to modeling daily probabilities of conception. Biometrics 55:1005-1013
- Schwartz D, Mayaux MJ (1979) Donor insemination: conception rate according to cycle day in a series of 821 cycles with a single insemination. Fertil Steril 31:226-229
- Setton R, Tierney C, Tsai T (2016) The accuracy of websites and cellular phone applications in predicting the fertile window. Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jun 6
- Sirmans S, Pate K (2013) Epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Epidemiol 2014: 6
- Teede H, Deeks A (2010) Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex condition with psychological, reproductive and metabolic, manifestations that impacts on health across the lifespan. BMC Medicine 2010, 8:41
- Vlaisavljević V, Došen M (2007) Clinical Applications of Ultrasound in Assessment of Follicle Development and Growth. Donald School Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1(20):50-63.
- Wallace WHB, Kelsey TW (2010) Human Ovarian Reserve from Conception to the Menopause. PLoS ONE 5(1): e8772. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0008772
- Weinberg CR, Gladen BC (1994) Models relating the timing of intercourse to the probability of conception and the sex of the baby. Biometrics 50:358-367
- Wilcox AJ, Dunson D (2000) The timing of the "fertile window" in the menstrual cycle: day specific estimates from a prospective study. BMJ 321:1259-62.
- Wise LA, Hatch EE (2015) A randomized trial of web-based fertility-tracking software and fecundability. Fertil Steril Volume 104, Issue 3, Supplement, Page e113
- Zuspan FP, Rao P (1974) Thermogenic alterations in the woman. Interaction of amines, ovulation, and basal body temperature. Am.J Obstet Gynecol 118:671-678